Postdoctoral Scientist in Pharmaceutical & Formulation Science
Expected Salary and Benefits
$52,000.00 per year
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) Matching, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Paid Time Off
A Postdoctoral Fellowship position in formulation science/nanoparticle based vaccine delivery is available immediately at Inimmune Corp, in lab of Dr. David Burkhart as part of an interactive multidisciplinary research team focused on the discovery and development of novel vaccine adjuvants and immunomodulators. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class multidisciplinary vaccine research team that is well funded and has strong connections in both academia and industry. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong working knowledge of vaccine/drug formulation, bioconjugation and delivery, nanoparticle technology, pharmaceutical science, organic and analytical chemistry with a solid understanding of biochemistry or biological systems.
The Post Doctoral Research Associate will work under the supervision of Dr. David Burkhart to complete the exciting research on novel opioid vaccine bioconjugate technologies and other research projects. This is a unique opportunity to research new vaccine technology to combat the global opioid addiction crisis with a world class research team. Dr. Burkhart has over 15 years of pharmaceutical industry experience and is part of a leading multi-disciplinary research team in the field of vaccine discovery and development. The position involves substantially full-time research and the appointee has the freedom, and is expected, to patent/publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment.
Basic Qualifications: Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Biomaterials, Biomedical Science or related field (current or within 3 months for current graduate students
The appointee is expected to be both highly independent and collaborative, and s/he will have significant leeway in the scope and design of projects. A key requirement is that the individual have the ability to see intellectually and technically complex projects through to their conclusion, which will involve developing methodological approaches and reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting scientific data and results from the project. Great autonomy and ability to exhibit independent decision making is expected in designing and implementing strategies for achieving company research goals.
The appointee will write papers for publication based on research, compose projects reports and contribute to grant applications; present at seminars and national meetings; and participate in research group meetings that may include oral and/or written brief reports. The appointee may be asked to supervise research personnel including undergraduate and/or graduate students, providing training and guidance with regard to specific techniques.
The appointee may assist students/interns in their research efforts, acting as a resource and a mentor. This requires good communication and teaching skills and thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of the various scientific procedures to be conducted.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in the following techniques:
- Bioconjugation chemistry and/or analytical characterization of bioconjugates
- Formulation of vaccine adjuvants/APIs
- Analytical characterization of formulated APIs, including stability analysis
- Analytical method development and troubleshooting
- Experimental design with appropriate controls included
- Ability to use experimental data to rationally develop the next experiment
- Demonstrated experience of excellent research capabilities required to carry out innovative and insightful research
- Ability to identify, analyze and summarize relevant literature
- Ability to devise and articulate a research plan with defined goals, and design sound experimental strategies with appropriate controls
- Proven record and ability to produce research to a high publication standard
- Ability to learn and apply new skills appropriate to conduct necessary research
- Knowledge and experience in laboratory environment
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts (both orally and in writing) to scientific and non-scientific audiences. Strong written English is required.
- Ability and willingness to undertake collaborative research
- Ability to supervise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Ability to maintain a safe working and learning environment
- Ability to achieve project goals within time and budget
- Strong theoretical and empirical background in formulation/pharmaceutical science
Inimmune was formed from an experienced, close-knit team of biotech/pharmaceutical industry professionals. This team of chemists, immunologists and formulation scientists have been at the cutting edge of innovation for over 10 years as former GSK Vaccines scientists and investigators. They now are working to create new immunotherapies directed at making meaningful and lasting clinical impacts in the areas of allergy, autoimmunity, infectious disease and cancer. Through its technology, assets, expertise and favorable IP positioning, Inimmune is poised to stand up and become a leader in the fields of immunotherapy, infectious disease and immuno-oncology. Inimmune is headquartered in beautiful Montana. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 70,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014. Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
To learn more about Inimmune, please visit our website at www.Inimmune.com
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: December 3, 2020
Please submit the following application materials:
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required skills for the position and motivation to join Inimmune
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Our goal at Inimmune is to recruit, hire, and maintain a diverse workforce. Equal employment opportunity is good business. It is also the law. Equal opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation, and benefits. As an equal opportunity employer, Inimmune does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, or political beliefs. Furthermore, Inimmune will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship or a substantial safety health risk.