Inimmune Corporation has an exciting opportunity available immediately in our R&D Center for a postdoctoral research associate position in synthetic chemistry. Based in beautiful Missoula, MT, Inimmune’s mission is focused on the discovery and development of novel immunotherapeutics for the treatment of allergy,
cancer, autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases.
We are seeking candidates with a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, and a strong background in multi-step organic synthesis. The successful candidate will work well in a team environment, demonstrate innovation in synthetic planning, and be highly motivated to help meet team driven goals.
The ideal candidate will have
- a strong theoretical background and relevant laboratory experience in organic synthesis and modern purification and characterization techniques (NMR, HPLC, LC-MS, etc) with a solid understanding of medicinal chemistry and relevant biochemical disciplines.
- technical proficiency and scientific creativity in one or more of the following areas; medicinal chemistry, multi-step synthesis, structure-activity relationship, lead compound discovery and development.
- excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with laboratory personnel, present data at internal and external meetings and contribute to writing of manuscripts, grants, technical reports and patents. Projects will involve cross-site project teams so the ability to work closely with co-workers and outside agencies and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is essential.
The primary role of this position is to conduct the synthesis and structure-activity relationships (SAR) studies of novel small molecules or natural product-derived molecules. The ideal candidate will:
- carry out multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of target compounds and intermediates on milligram to multi-gram scale.
- troubleshoot and optimize existing chemical processes and assist with the design and implementation of new synthetic processes.
- keep abreast of relevant scientific developments in organic synthesis and related fields by reading scientific literature and using database and library resources.
- develop and maintain accurate and complete records of all laboratory activities in accordance with regulatory guidelines, standard operating procedures, and Inimmune requirements.
- participate in appropriate departmental meetings, seminars, and project teams and perform research in a collaborative manner with other scientists and teams.
- work independently and as part of a larger project team to design, execute and interpret experiments that contribute to the development and accomplishment of project strategies.
- Comply with all Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures.
Inimmune has state-of-the-art R&D laboratories and equipment for drug discovery and development. The laboratory routinely uses general laboratory equipment such as vacuum pumps, DSC, chromatography purification systems, HPLC, rotovap, heating mantles, recirculating bath, laboratory glassware, analytical devices and chemical compounds. Our multi-disciplinary team is comprised of highly motivated, engaging professionals driven to provide breakthrough immunotherapies to patients. Our headquarters is located in beautiful Missoula Montana where our employees enjoy a high quality of life surrounded by a wide variety of recreational opportunities. Visit www.destinationmissoula.org to discover what we love about Missoula.
Inimmune offers a competitive compensation program including health care, dental, 401K and an incentive award program.
Apply on-line at: www.Inimmune.com or email directly to HR@Inimmune.com
Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Inimmune Corp. is leading in the pursuit of novel immunotherapies and innovative vaccine formulations to battle the world’s most pervasive diseases.
Inimmune is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.