Basic Qualifications: Ph.D., M.D., D.V.M.. in Immunology or related field plus at least 2-5 years of experience (min 2 years for Investigator II and 5 years for Investigator I).
Salary Range: $75k – 110k per year, bonus eligible
Benefits Package: Inimmune offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental and vision insurance; 401k program with matching and incentive stock options (ISOs) for employees
An Investigator position in Immunology is available immediately at Inimmune Corp, as part of an interactive multidisciplinary research team focused on the discovery and development of novel immunotherapeutics and vaccine adjuvants. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class multidisciplinary research & development team that is well funded and has strong connections in both academia and industry. Inimmune is a thriving new company founded in 2016 with 31 total full-time or part time employees. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong working knowledge of Immunology with a focus in cancer biology and immuno-oncology. This Investigator will work to complete exciting R&D work on novel immunotherapeutics for cancer and allergy, autoimmunity and other early stage research projects. This Investigator will be expected to supervise multiple direct reports and lead project teams as needed. The position involves full-time research and the appointee will have the freedom, and will be expected, to patent/publish the results of their research.
Previous experience in determining efficacy and mechanisms of novel IO therapeutics in in vitro and in vivo tumor models is preferred as is expertise in flow cytometry and/or fluorescence microscopy. Experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, toxicology and/or cell biology (signaling, receptor/ligand interactions) is also a plus. Applicant must be able to work independently and as part of a larger project team to design, execute, and interpret experiments that contribute to the advancement of novel vaccines and immunotherapeutics. Candidates should have excellent communication, writing and leadership skills for this position.
The appointee is expected to be both highly independent and collaborative, working within a multidsiciplinary team and within budget constraints to successfully complete projects to meet company goals. S/he will have significant leeway in the scope and design of projects. A key requirement is that the individual have the ability to see intellectually and technically complex projects through to their conclusion, which will involve developing methodological approaches and reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting scientific data and results from the project. Autonomy and the ability to exhibit independent decision making, as well as the ability to collaboratively review and refine experimental design and approach, is expected in designing and implementing strategies for achieving company research and development goals.
In addition to experimental work, the appointee will write papers for publication based on research, compose project reports and contribute to grant/contract applications as necessary; present at seminars and national meetings; network and meet with scientific leaders at other companies and universities; and participate in research group/project team meetings that may include oral and/or written reports. The applicant will be expected to supervise research personnel including staff, undergraduate and/or graduate students, providing training and guidance with regard to specific techniques and technology.
The applicant may assist junior scientists, students/interns in their research efforts, acting as a resource and a mentor. This requires excellent communication and teaching skills and thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of the various scientific procedures to be conducted.
Demonstrated experience and/or expertise in the following techniques:
- Tumor immunology
- Use of in vivo and in vitro tumor models
- In vivo models of infectious disease, allergy, and/or autoimmunity
- Flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy
- Cell culture
- Cell signaling
- Receptor/ligand interaction
- Molecular biology
- In vitro and in vivo study design
- Experimental design with appropriate controls included
- Proven ability to use experimental data to rationally develop the next experiment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Has theoretical, practical and technical scientific knowledge of an experienced PhD scientist with exceptional technical competencies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations in laboratory including personnel and project management. Effectively manages at least 1 laboratory research and/or technical staff with strong leadership skills.
- Designs and executes a wide range of experiments independently and proactively incorporates new technologies into practice with minimal or no supervision and conducts trouble shooting activities to mitigate risk and safety concerns.
- Performs complex data management and analysis with minimum or no oversight.
- Prepares detailed verbal or written summaries of results with interpretation for manager and/or project teams. Writes specific technical sections of internal and external reports with limited supervision.
- Leads in some grant, contract and manuscript writing with limited input from supervisor.
- Presents effectively to internal and external meetings and is responsible for sharing relevant scientific information from internal and external meetings with appropriate colleagues.
- Established networking skills through interactions with scientists outside of primary project roles.
- Initiates coordination of the efforts of technical and scientific staff to achieve project objectives, and milestones and contributes to relevant project teams
- Trains incoming and/or junior scientists on instrumentation and methods. Demonstrated experience of excellent research capabilities required to carry out innovative and insightful research
Inimmune was formed from an experienced, close-knit team of biotech/pharmaceutical industry professionals. This team of chemists, immunologists and formulation scientists have been at the cutting edge of innovation for over 10 years as former GSK Vaccines scientists and investigators. They now are working to create new immunotherapies directed at making meaningful and lasting clinical impacts in the areas of allergy, autoimmunity, infectious disease and cancer. Through its technology, assets, expertise and favorable IP positioning, Inimmune is poised to stand up and become a leader in the fields of immunotherapy, infectious disease and immuno-oncology. Inimmune is headquartered in beautiful Montana. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 70,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014. Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
To learn more about Inimmune, please visit our website at www.Inimmune.com
How to Apply
Position is open until filled
Please submit the following application materials:
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required skills for the position and motivation to join Inimmune
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Our goal at Inimmune is to recruit, hire, and maintain a diverse workforce. Equal employment opportunity is good business. It is also the law. Equal opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation, and benefits. As an equal opportunity employer, Inimmune does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, or political beliefs. Furthermore, Inimmune will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship or a substantial safety health risk.